How early do I need to order?
- Papercake usually books out 3+ weeks in advance however depending on the size of your order there is often times that we can fit an extra cake or cupcakes in so please don’t hesitate to get in touch. It never hurt’s to ask!
How do I drive with my cake in the car?
- When transporting your cake keep one hand flat in the centre of the box underneath and one hand and the side to balance. If the weather is above 25 you will need your air conditioner on. The best place to sit the cake is the boot or the passenger floor. Never put your cake or cupcakes on the seat (they’re not level) and never leave a cake in the car (unless you’re at the snow). Always pop the cake in the fridge where possible to keep it nice and firm.
How do I store my cake/cupcakes?
- Once your cake has been collected or delivered it is best stored in the fridge or a cool dark room of your house, weather permitting. Your cake is best eaten at room temperature. To do this, remove your cake from the fridge for 2 hours (during colder months) or 1 hour (during warmer months) before serving.
What if I have leftovers?
- On the rare occasion you have some cake leftover you will need to either wrap in cling film and store in the fridge or pop cake into a container and store in the fridge. Depending on conditions your cake will last up to 1 week. Your cake can also be frozen, just double wrap in cling film and label clearly before popping into the freezer.
How do I cut my cake?
- You have a few options with cake cutting. Most importantly you must remove any non-edible items such as toppers and flowers or wrapped lollies. There is a great example of how to cut your cake here. Or a alternative option is to remove all large decorations and slice the top layer of cake entirely into little rectangles, then move down to the next layer of cake until you have as many cake slices as you need. This is a great way to make things a little less messy and requires less room and equipment.
Do you cater for different dietary requirements?
- We can offer limited flavours in gluten, egg and dairy free. Unfortunately we don’t make any vegan cakes but feel free to chat with us about your needs and we can see if our current menu may suit or point you in the right direction with recommendations. As the client, you will assume all responsibility for letting your guest’s know that the order may contain traces of eggs, soy, gluten, dairy, nuts or any other allergens.
Can we taste your flavours before we place our order?
- Of course, just ask us about our samples box, it includes 12 cupcakes (6 different flavours) and a couple of little extra’s if you’re lucky. We offer our samples box once a month. There is a charge of $50 for this but if you decide to book in your cake we will wave the delivery fee.
I’ve got some photos, can you copy this cake for me?
- While it is almost impossible to recreate a cake exactly (for several reasons), we try not to completely copy a cake, we add our own little flair but can definitely use the photos as inspiration for your cake.
What if I need to cancel my order?
- Papercake understands that things happen and occasionally you may need to cancel your order. If this happens it would be best to get in touch with Papercake as soon as possible so that we can discuss the situation. If possible rescheduling would be best and Papercake will do their utmost to accommodate a change of date. Your initial deposit is completely non refundable but it is transferrable to another booking.
- Should you need to cancel your order with less than 1 weeks notice, the full amount is payable.
What deposit requirements do you have?
- A $100 deposit is required for wedding cakes or large orders
- A $50 deposit is required for all other orders
- Your booking is not secured until your deposit has been paid, please chat with Papercake if this is an issue and we can come to a mutual agreement.
- The outstanding amount must be settled at least 1 week prior to your event.
How do I pay for my order?
- You will find a celebration cake DEPOSIT and a wedding cake DEPOSIT on the website.
- You can also get direct deposit details from Papercake.
Can you deliver or do I have to pick it up?
- Papercake can deliver your order to you or to the restaurant/venue.
- Papercake offers pick up from 2 locations, Tongala or Echuca. This must be organised prior to the date of your event. The address will be given to you once all of this has been confirmed.